Our Mission is to conserve and protect native wildlife and its natural habitat through education and rehabilitation.
Our caseload has almost doubled.
We need to build a hospital and flight pen to help eagles and other wildlife recover.
- Help Build A Hospital! 42%
1250 CLUB MEMBERS
Buy 1 square foot of our new 1250 sq. foot wildlife hospital for $100 for yourself or as a gift to someone else – Become a member of our “1250 Club”. All Donors’ names will be posted on our website unless you choose to be anonymous. (After making your donation on Canada Helps you will be asked if you wish to remain anonymous.)
- All donations, in any amount, are welcome.
- Help us feed and care for injured and sick wildlife. Make a one-time donation or sign up for a monthly contribution.
- Give eagles, owls, swans and other large birds a place to build up strength and recover.
- If you have materials like lumber or time to give, please contact our office at 250-337-2021
Mary Jane Birch had a dream – a new wildlife rescue and education centre. She did not live to see her dream realized. Cancer took her life on November 18, 2015. Maj, as she was known throughout the region, left $200,000 from her estate to help the dream become a...read more
The new MARS wildlife rescue centre site welcomed its first guests in mid-September for a familiarization tour, learning, food, fun and music. Hundreds of people and volunteers filled the makeshift public area to learn about the project from displays and talking to...read more
American kestrels are usually spotted on high perches in open landscapes where the hunting is good. Rarely is North America’s smallest falcon found inside a fireplace in a Vancouver Island home. A MARS team was there when the alarmed homeowner telephoned asking for...read more